Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Four

So..I'm not reading It's Kind of a Funny Story anymore Kindel. There were technical difficulties in trying to read that book. Soooooo

Four is a nice book so far. I didn't know that Veronica Roth had created a spin off of Divergent in Tobias' point of view. Knowing that it was a different view of Divergent, I originally thought the book was going to be horrible and not come anywhere close to the expectations of Divergent. However, it is not...so far.
So far, I have read the first section of the book which writes about the days leading up to Tobias' Choosing Day. Most of these events were assumed throughout the normal Divergent trilogy. For example, we all knew Marcus beats Tobias and Tobias was somewhat shunned (or should I say ostracized) from his faction. However, the true thing that surprised me was how Roth oh so slyly hinted at Evelyn's participation with the factionless. I originally thought that Evelyn's true identity would be hinted through maybe an old letter Tobias received from Evelyn years ago. Having a random factionless guy recognize Tobias from his mother was a much beter choice for Roth to write.

So far so good Roth. Let's hope this book won't turn into a huge disappointment.

1 comment: