Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Falling Into Place #1

So far I really really like this book. It's mad dark though.. I've read a lot of it and at first I had a lot of questions like why did Liz purposely try to crash her car. It all makes sense though and I'm realizing this as I read. There are still unanswered questions like sometimes the book changes to a first person point of view and I want to understand who is speaking. It can't be Liz, I mean it could be, but that just wouldn't add up completely because the person speaks of Liz like she's changed over time.

Alright let me explain to you guys who are reading this Elizabeth Emerson is a pretty popular girl and people are like "yo why did she crash her car" and from the sounds of the "I"(the first person that I talked about above) it sounds like Liz(her nickname) tried to kill herself. But this was definitely on purpose. And probably stop cause lol I'm going to spoil stuff. So- Liz is depressed. There is no other explanation. She tells people she doesn't like drinking or partying or any of it. She is probably only doing these things for attention. I mean she purposely spills alcohol on her mother's expensive couch in hopes that she would see it when she returns briefly from work(she travels). Her dad's dead, and Liz speaks about him so often.. she misses him. I feel horrible especially once you find out that he dies because he falls off a roof.. And that's where I left off.

Aside from that Liz has a couple of friends. One really close one. When they explain how they became friends I still don't even understand it. It all seemed sugarcoated. Liz became Julia's friend because she was jealous of her, which is why she bullied her when Julia first moved into town. It's weird..
But it's better than her being bullied because from the sounds of it bullying takes a bad turn in this book. Maybe Liz feels bad about bullying Julia and getting her hooked onto drugs...?
There was a chapter in the book that discussed how bullying lead to suicide. Mackenzie "the popular girl" from elementary school bullied a girl named Melody (because Mackenzie was lowkey jealous that Melody was taller than her(and had the same initials)). Liz participated in bullying her and said the worst thing that actually sent Melody running into the bathroom(at school) crying her eyes out. Liz followed but did nothing. She killed herself and someone with the same initials as her just so happened to say how nice of a girl Melody was at her funeral..
Ugh.
This book is so sad but it's so touching. I really like it a lot though. Anywaysss~

No comments:

Post a Comment