Wednesday, January 8, 2014

I am Malala Interview


Although I haven't finished I am Malala, I am enjoying it a lot.  I found this interview with Diane Sawyer from ABC News very intriguing.  It reveals so much about who Malala is as a person.  I think it's astounding how brave she is.  In 2009, the Taliban shut down girl's schools in Swat Valley, Pakistan.  At only 11 years old, Malala wrote to a BBC blog to spread her ideas that girls should be educated.  When the blog ended, she was asked to do a New York Times documentary.  Malala became so well-known for her activism for girl's education that she gained attention from the Taliban and although she knew they may come for her, she refused to stop fighting.  Instead of hiding and staying quiet, she continued to spread her ideas.  She has so much strive and confidence, which I admire a lot.  I think Malala will continue her activism and help fight for positive changes for women.  There are 31 million girls in the world who cannot receive education, and girls like Malala can work towards a change.  

No comments:

Post a Comment