Wednesday, January 1, 2014

I Am Malala


 
     I am truly inspired by the autobiography, I Am Malala: The Girl who stood up for education and was shot by the Taliban, by Malala Yousafzai. Malala is a 16 year from Swat Valley in Pakistan. Within the last two decade the Taliban has slowly taken control of many areas in the Middle East. In 2007-2008 The Taliban gained total control of Swat Valley and many people had to change their way of life and way of thinking. Malala, however, refused to let them dictate whether women should be educated.
    Malala's father founded the Knushal School for girls around the time she was born and Malala went on the attend. As the Taliban is against women's education, Malala's father was a sure target, however, On October 9, 2012, Malala was shot by a member and almost killed. Malala miraculously recovered and now at the age on 16, she has become a symbol of peaceful protest and has decided to dedicate her life to women's eduaction in areas under Taliban rule. She is the youngest nominee in history for the Nobel Peace Prize.  I am truly inspired by Malala's actions and I look forward to reading more of this book.  
  

1 comment:

  1. I so want to read this! I was so inspired when I heard about Malala's story. I didn't know she had an autobiography! Do you own this book or did you get it from the library?

    ReplyDelete