Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Words of Wisdom

This passage in I Am Malala that really moved me:
                    "I'd imagine that on the way home a terrorist might jump out and shoot me on those steps. I
                     I wondered what I would do. Maybe I'd take off my shoes and hit him, but then I'd think if I
                     did that there would be no difference between me and a terrorist. It would be better to plead,
                     'OK, shoot me, but first listen to me. What you are doing is wrong. I'm not against you                                   personally. I just want every girl to go to school'" (71).
Malala is the truest definition standing up for what you think is right through peaceful protest. Even after Malala was shoot by the Taliban she still believes that it is better to try and reason with someone in order to get what you want rather than using violence.  I think that it is amazing that someone can go through being shot and almost dying and still want to reason with the people that did it.

1 comment:

  1. In my original post the citation was all indented but I guess blogger didn't like that.

    ReplyDelete